Queso Blanco Cheese Dip
These slightly spicy cheese dips are great for dipping or as toppings. If you don’t have access to Mexican queso you can either make it yourself by following our recipe here or you can make the same recipe with mozzarella or ricotta.
We review and suggest Cheese Making Kits here if you would like to get started with making cheese.
Queso Blanco Cheese Dips (2 versions)
- 1 cup (140 g/ 5 oz) of shredded queso blanco or pizza mozzarella
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ of green chili pepper, chopped finely
- 3 rings pickled banana peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of pickled jalapenos juice
- Add everything into a pot
- Heat on medium heat until the cheese is fully melted
- Pour over nacho chips or pour into a bowl ready for dipping
- Leftovers can be refrigerated and used as a spread or re-heated.
Melt the cheese with all ingredients in a small pot
Serve as dip
- Cheese shredder
- Cutting board and a sharp knife
- Food processor or blender
- 1 ¼ cup (250 g/ 9 oz) of Queso Fresco or Ricotta
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ of green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of banana pepper rings, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cream or condensed milk
- 3 peeled potatoes, cut into mouth size pieces
- Boil the potato pieces until soft
- Add all ingredients, except the potatoes into a food processor or blender
- Blend until smooth
- Place the boiled potatoes on a plate and pour the cheese sauce over it. Serve right away
Mix all ingredients in a blender
Pour blended mix over the boiled potato pieces
Leave us a comment below about how your recipe turned out. Feel free to suggest ideas or what you would like to see in our recipes.