Cheesecake with quark
Quark makes a light, fluffy cheesecake. Vanilla and lemon juice give it a twist and the crust is easy to make. This is a delicious cake. Try it out with your homemade quark!
We review and suggest Cheese Making Kits here if you would like to get started with making cheese.
Cheesecake with Quark
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 a cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 package of vanilla sugar (comes in 9 g/ 0.32 oz pouches)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp of plain yogurt
Ingredients for the filling:
- 4 cups (1 kg/ 2.2 lbs) of quark
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 pouch of vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 package of vanilla custard powder (comes in 43 g/ 1.5 oz pouches)
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for an hour
The crust is ready for the filling
- Add all ingredients for the crust into a bowl.
- Gently mix with your hands. At first it will seem that the dough is too dry, but it will start to come together. If it stays too dry you can add another tbsp of yogurt. Don’t over-work the dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour (or longer, if needed).
- Add all the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix with a kitchen mixer.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough.
- Use a 10 inch pie form. Cover it with the rolled out dough and build it up about an inch on the side.
- With a fork, poke holes into the bottom of the pie dough.
- Pour the filling into the pie form.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes on 200 C/ 390 F.
- Before removing from the oven, stick a knife into the cake and make sure the knife comes out dry.
- Place the cake on a cooling rack, when cooled down, refrigerate.
- The cake tastes best cold and after one day of refrigeration.
Pour the filling into the pie form, and smooth with a spatula
Quark cheesecake has a light, fluffy texture.
Leave us a comment below about how your recipe turned out. Feel free to suggest ideas or what you would like to see in our recipes.