A cheese we recommend for this dish is Le Chevre Frais or Neufchatel Cheese. These cheeses are easy to make and work well with homogenized store bought milk. When you make it with goat milk it is called Le Chevre Frais, if you make it with cow milk it is called Neufchatel Cheese. It is a fresh, soft cheese that is spreadable.
To lean how to make this cheese visit our post about Homemade Le Chevre Frais or Neufchatel Cheese.
Check out our post on How to Make Cheese at Home to learn the art of making cheese. It’s a fun project for everyone.
For easy homemade cheese recipes check out our Cheese Making Recipes page.
If you would like to get a Cheese Making Kit, check out our Cheese Making Kit Review page to find the best kit for you.
- 20 firm cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (100 g/ 3 1/2 oz) of chevre or cream cheese
- 2 tsp bread crumbs
- 1 tsp finely crushed peanuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut the stem side of the tomato open with a sharp knife and scrape out the core. With a small spoon, scoop your cheese and stuff it into the hollow cherry tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle the bread crumbs and the peanuts over the cheese. Drizzle everything with some olive oil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 190C/375F until tomatoes are soft.
- Serve with a spring mix vinaigrette salad and freshly ground pepper.